Recipe by: Love and Confections
These chocolate covered cherry cookies will have your mouth watering! Enjoy the ooey-gooey goodness!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Maraschino cherries, no stem and blotted dry
- 6 ounces semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons reserved maraschino cherry juice, optional
- Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats, and set aside. Heat oven to 350F.
- Cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl then beat in egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Slowly add to butter mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, and mix until just combined. Using a small cookie scoop, shape cookie balls then place on cookie sheets. Using the scoop, spoon or your fingers, make a slight indentation in each cookie then place a cherry into each cookie ball.
- Bake for 8-11. Remove cookie sheets from oven and allow cookies to rest for 5 minutes before placing them on wire racks to cool completely
- While cookies are cooling, combine chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a small saucepan on low heat, whisking constantly. If needed, add reserved cherry juice to thin our chocolate. Drizzle or pipe over cooled cookies. Store in an airtight container.
Yield: 28-35 cookies
For more fun recipes check out Love and Confections Instagram here.
Don’t forget to pin for later! XOXO
Was This Post Helpful: