Author: Nutrition Factors
Yield: 2-3 dozen cookies
Need an easy treat for your Halloween parties? This easy sugar cookie recipe is full of sprinkles and tastes amazing!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter – softened
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 – 2 1/4 cups of flour
- more sugar to roll cookies in
- Halloween sprinkles
- parchment paper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl. Beat together butter and sugar until creamy.
3. Mix in the egg on low speed until incorporated.
4. Mix in the baking powder, salt, vanilla and flour for 1 minute on medium speed.
5. Take the dough out of the bowl and knead it until its all mixed in and makes a perfect round shape.
6. Roll dough into 1 inch circles, roll into sugar.
7. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and place cookies on to the pan.
8. Add sprinkles to the top of your cookies and gently press down with your finger on the cookie, so the sprinkles stay in place.
9. Bake for 8-9 minutes
10. remove from oven and let stand for a minute before placing them on a wire rack. Cool completely. Enjoy!!
** Don’t forget to pin for later!
Was This Post Helpful: