Happy Wednesday Everyone!! This meringue recipe is so easy to make and is absolutely delicious! It’s the perfect treat to “whip up” for any occasion.
Yield: 24 cookies
- 4 eggs whites
- 1 cup sugar
- Pinch of tartar
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract (can be replaced with vanilla)
- Food coloring
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees F. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg whites, sugar and tartar until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the egg white mixture into a mixing bowl. On low speed, mix in extract and food coloring of choice. Gradually increase speed until a stiff peak has formed.
- Put mixture into a pastry bag (with tip of your choice) and pipe ½ to ¾ inch wide cookies. Make sure they are about ½ inch apart.
- Bake at 175 degrees F. for about 1 ½ hours. When finished, leave the door slightly ajar for meringues to cool down.
Enjoy! Don’t forget to pin for later. XOXO